Every two years GALA ND/SMC conducts elections for all officer positions. In 2018, elections will be taking place during March and we are looking for individuals to fill these roles. This is a great opportunity to take a leadership role in driving engagement for the Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s LGBT alumni & friends community. In addition, you get to play a key role in helping to strengthen our relationships with many key partner organizations both on campus and around the country.
Election Timeframe (Tentative)
- Call for Nominations – January 25th – February 20th
- Ballot out for Voting – March 1st – March 20th
- Elections Results Announced – March 31st
WE CAN USE YOUR HELP!! The successfully elected individual is asked to make a two-year commitment, participate on monthly officer calls and attend major events for their position. The formal position descriptions can be found at: GALA Constitution. Regardless of the specific roles, all officers are encouraged to get involved in whatever way they feel they can make a difference. The positions available are as follows:
- Vice-Chair Program
- Vice-Chair Membership
In addition to these elected positions, our group also has several other volunteer opportunities:
- Fundraising Coordinator – Identify and execute on potential fundraising opportunities such as grants, corporate sponsorships and on-going donation activities.
- Scholarship Fund Financial Investment Advisor – Now that the scholarship fund is over $100,000, the group is looking to create an “investment committee” to establish an investment strategy to ensure long-term viability. We are looking for a volunteer certified investment advisor to lead this committee. (Note- All funds will be held in Fidelity)
- Regional Alumni Leaders – As we look to expand our regional chapters, we need alums “on the ground” who can put together a small group to start engaging local alums with social and other events.
For more information, and to nominate either yourself or another alum by February 20th, go to: 2018-2012 Officer Elections.