Every two years GALA ND/SMC conducts elections for all officer positions. In 2020, elections will be taking place in the February/March timeframe. Prior to that, we are looking for nominations for individuals to fill these roles by February 16th. This is a great opportunity to take a leadership role in driving engagement for the Notre Dame and Saint Mary’s LGBTQ Alumni & Friends community.
The positions available are as follows:
- Vice-Chair Program
- Vice-Chair Membership
Formal position descriptions can be found at Mission and Vision by selecting the constitution link. Regardless of the specific roles, all officers are encouraged to get involved in whatever way they feel they can make a difference. The successfully elected individuals are asked to make a two-year commitment, participate on monthly officer calls and fulfill the responsibilities of the position (including attending major events).
Being part of the leadership team includes the following:
- Playing a key role in helping to strengthen GALA’s relationships with many key partner organizations both on campus and around the country such as NDAA (ND Alumni Organization), PrismND & SAGA (LGBTQ Student Groups), Spectrum (LGBTQ Employee Resource Group), LGBTQ Law Forum and others.
- Working in close collaboration with GALA’s board to establish goals, budgets and methods to achieve our group’s vision and mission.
- Planning and executing member engagement activities, inclusive of all members, on campus and through local GALA chapters and local ND alumni clubs including the bi-annual Dooley Award Weekend, annual tailgaters & reunions, and other regional club events.
- Managing the membership database and performing membership outreach to identify opportunities to be inclusive and expand the group’s members & friends community
- Managing and leveraging various communication channels for member outreach, including GALA’s website, email, newsletters, social media, etc.
- Participating in fundraising activities supporting both general/on-going engagement activities and for the LGBTQ Scholarship.