GALA ND/SMC is pleased to announce the 2019 Thomas Dooley and LGBT Leadership Award recipients. This year’s award recipients are:
- Thomas A. Dooley Award – Father James Martin S.J.
- Distinguished Service Award – Pete Buttigieg, Mayor of South Bend
- Distinguished Alumni Award – John Sullivan ND Law ’83
The individuals will be recognized at a dinner and ceremony at the Eck Visitor Center on the Notre Dame campus on Saturday March 30th starting at 6:30pm. Tickets to the dinner will be available in early February.
The award ceremony is just part of the overall LGBT Leadership Award Weekend Celebration taking place Friday March 29th through Sunday March 31st.
In addition to the Awards Dinner and Ceremony, other activities taking place over the weekend include:
- Alumni/Student Networking Event – Friday March 29 – 8:00pm
- Academic Panel – Saturday March 30 – 1:00pm
- After Party – Saturday March 30 – 10:30pm
- Mass – Sunday March 31 – 10:00am